Town of Delhi Recreation Director
The Town of Delhi is currently accepting applications for the position of Recreation Director. This position requires the management of the Town of Delhi Community Swimming Pool and the adjacent playground. This seasonal position runs April 1, 2020 – September 30, 2020. The hours are flexible based on the needed time for completion of required duties and attendance at requested Town of Delhi and the Pool Advisory Council meetings. On-call availability through this period is a necessity. Post-secondary education in recreation, sports management and/or business helpful.
- Knowledge and experience in public swimming pool operation and usage
- Able to effectively supervise Lifeguards and Water Safety Instructors
- Responsible for setting up weekly employee work schedules, including facilitating the operation of swimming lessons
- Must maintain required records for the municipality, DOH and others and be able to present such information when requested
- Knowledge of playground equipment and the ability to provide effective supervision to assure safe usage.
- Works well with children and the general public
Applications and a detailed job description with required qualifications are available at the office of the Town Clerk, 5 Elm Street, Delhi NY: Monday-Friday 8:00am – 3:00pm.
Application deadline is February 14, 2020. The Town of Delhi is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Water Safety Instructors and Lifeguards for the Community Swimming Pool
The Town of Delhi is currently accepting applications for the positions of Water Safety Instructors and Lifeguards. These seasonal positions run from May 23, 2020 -September 7, 2020. All certifications (WSI/Lifeguard, First Aid, CPR, AED} must be current. Applicants should be at least 17 years of age at the time of employment. Although experience in an aquatic program lifeguarding and/or as an instructor is preferred, it is not required. Work schedule may vary weekly between 8:00am - 8:00pm.
- Able to establish a good rapport with children and the general public
- A strong commitment to maintaining the safety of swimmers
- Responsible and reliable
- Able to respond to issues calmly
- Good judgment
- Availability for employment throughout the season
Applications and a detailed description with required qualifications are available at the office of the Town Clerk, 5 Elm Street, Delhi, NY; Monday - Friday 8:00am - 3:00pm.
Application deadline is April 3, 2020. The Town of Delhi is an Equal Opportunity Employer.