Town of Delhi Recreation Director
The Town of Delhi is currently accepting applications for the position of Recreation Director. This position requires management of the Town of Delhi swimming pool and adjacent playground. This seasonal position runs from April 1, 2021- September 30, 2021. The hours are flexible based on the needed time for completion of required duties. Attendance at Town of Delhi and Pool Advisory Council meetings is required. On-call availability through this period is a necessity. Post-secondary education in recreation, sports management, and/or business is helpful. Recommended skills include:
• Knowledge and experience in public swimming pool operation and its usage, including but not limited to maintaining water quality, weekly filter maintenance, and familiarity with the Chem-trol and Hayward systems.
• Ability to effectively supervise lifeguards and water safety instructors
• Responsibility to set up weekly employee work schedules and facilitate operation of swimming lessons
• Maintain required records for the municipality, department of health, and others, and present such information when requested
• Knowledge of playground equipment and the ability to provide effective supervision to assure safe usage
• Ability to work well with children and the general public
Applications and a detailed job description with required qualifications are available at the office of the Town Clerk, 5 Elm Street, Delhi, NY, Monday-Friday 8:00am-3:00pm. Application deadline is February 11, 2021.
Town of Delhi Water Safety Instructors and Lifeguards
The Town of Delhi is currently accepting applications for the positions of Water Safety Instructor and Lifeguard. These seasonal positions run from May 29, 2021- September 6, 2021. All certifications (WSI/Lifeguard, first aide, CPR, AED) must be current. Applicants should be at least 17 years of age at the time of employment. Although experience in an aquatic program lifeguarding and/or as an instructor is preferred, it is not required. Work schedule may vary weekly between 8am-8pm. Recommend skills:
• Ability to establish a good rapport with children and the general public
• A strong commitment to maintaining the safety of swimmers
• Ability to respond to issues calmly
• Good judgment
• Availability for employment throughout the season
Applications and a detailed job description with required qualifications are available at the office of the Town Clerk, 5 Elm Street, Delhi, NY, Monday-Friday 8:00am-3:00pm. Application deadline is April 8, 2021. The Town of Delhi is an Equal Opportunity Employer.