Town of Delhi Recreation Director
The Town of Delhi is currently accepting applications for the position of Recreation Director. This position requires management of the Town of Delhi Community Swimming Pool and the adjacent playground. This seasonal position runs April 15, 2023 – September 15, 2023. The hours are flexible based on the needed time for completion of required duties and attendance at requested Town of Delhi and the Pool Advisory Council meetings. On-call availability through this period is a necessity. Post secondary education in Recreation, Sports Management and/or Business is helpful.
- Knowledge and experience in public swimming pool operation and its usage. This includes, but is not limited to, maintaining water quality, weekly filter maintenance and familiarity with Chemtrol and Hayward systems.
- Able to effectively supervise Lifeguards and Water Safety Instructors
- Responsible for setting up pre-season summer employee work schedules, weekly review of the schedule. It also includes facilitating the advertising, coordinating and closely monitoring of a six(6) week swimming lessons program
- Must maintain required records for the municipality, DOH and others and be able to present such information when requested
- Knowledge of playground equipment and the ability to provide effective supervision to assure safe usage
- Works well with children and the general public.
Applications and detailed job description with required qualifications are available at the office of the Town Clerk, 5 Elm Street, Delhi, NY; Monday-Friday 8:00am-3:00pm. Application deadline is February 14, 2023. The Town of Delhi is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Town of Delhi Water Safety Instructors and Lifeguards
For the Community Swimming Pool
The Town of Delhi is currently accepting applications for the positions of Water Safety Instructor and Lifeguard. These seasonal positions run from June 5, 2023 – August 29, 2023. All certifications (WSI/Lifeguard, First Aid, CPR, AED) must be current. Applicants should be at least 17 years of age at the time of employment. Although experience in an aquatic program lifeguarding and/or as an instructor is preferred, it is not required. Work schedule may vary weekly between 8am – 8pm.
- Able to establish a good rapport with children and the general public
- A strong commitment to maintaining the safety of swimming
- Responsible and reliable
- Ability to take directions and follow through independently
- Able to respond to issued calmly
- Good judgement
- Availability for employment throughout the season
Applications and a detailed description with required qualifications are available at the office of the Town Clerk, 5 Elm Street, Delhi, NY; Monday – Friday 8:00am – 3:00pm. Applications deadline is March 31, 2023. The Town of Delhi is an Equal Opportunity Employer.