Town of Delhi Water Safety Instructors and Lifeguards
For the Community Swimming Pool
The Town of Delhi is currently accepting applications for the positions of Water Safety Instructor and Lifeguard. These seasonal positions run from June 5, 2023 – August 29, 2023. All certifications (WSI/Lifeguard, First Aid, CPR, AED) must be current. Applicants should be at least 17 years of age at the time of employment. Although experience in an aquatic program lifeguarding and/or as an instructor is preferred, it is not required. Work schedule may vary weekly between 8am – 8pm.
- Able to establish a good rapport with children and the general public
- A strong commitment to maintaining the safety of swimming
- Responsible and reliable
- Ability to take directions and follow through independently
- Able to respond to issued calmly
- Good judgement
- Availability for employment throughout the season
Applications and a detailed description with required qualifications are available at the office of the Town Clerk, 5 Elm Street, Delhi, NY; Monday – Friday 8:00am – 3:00pm. Applications deadline is March 31, 2023. The Town of Delhi is an Equal Opportunity Employer.